Kaalsarp yoga occurs when all the planets are hemmed between Rahu and Ketu. “Kaala" means time, “Sarpa” means Serpent and “Yoga” means combination. So Kaal Sarpa Yoga means that the native is caught by the Serpent of time within the axis of Karma. It reflects unusual and unexpected life-situations experienced by a person, according to his Karma of the previous birth. In Astrological science, Rahu is termed as the Head and Ketu is termed as tail of Sarpa. The person who takes birth in this yog suffer from various problems. This yog effects a person till 47 years and some time throughout his life.
According to the definition for Kalasarpa Yoga. “All the planets should be within the orbit of Rahu and Ketu. - Rahu should be at the upper end and ketu at the lower end. - There is no planet outside the arch. - That there is no planet conjuncting with Rahu or Ketu (If any planet in conjunction with rahu or ketu or both its degree/longitude must not be more than Rahu and Ketu).
Anuloma Type Kaalsarp Yoga
The “Anuloma” type Kaalsarp Yoga produces excellent results. In Anuloma type, Rahu is ahead within the six rasis from the lagna and Ketu occupies a position behind all the planets. Here, one will acquire higher position with all beneficient results.
Viloma Type Kaalsarp Yoga
“Viloma” type Kaalsarp Yoga produces undesirable results. In Viloma type, Ketu is ahead within the six rasis from the lagna and Rahu is posited behind all the planets. Here, one will suffer the maximum and lose his benefits.
If the Sun is in the 8th house from Rahu or When Rahu or Ketu is in the 8th house from Moon, Kalasarpa Yoga is activated. The Kalasarpa Yoga is predominant when Rahu or Ketu is located in the 6th , 7th or 8th house from the ascendant. When Rahu or Ketu is in Kendras the adverse effect of the Kalasarpa yoga is greater. When Rahu or Ketu is in Trikona the good effects of the Kalasarpa yoga predominant (depending upon rashi they occupy, their relations to lagna lord, their position in navamsha).
Partial Kaalsarp Yoga
If malefic planets like Mars and Saturn are placed on the opposite side of ‘Rahu’ and ‘Ketu’, then it is considered to be a partial Kaalsarp Yoga. If in horoscope all 7 planets are between Rahu and Ketu but partially few planets are outside the axis of Rahu and Ketu then Partial Kaal Sarp Yog is formed. If only one planet is outside the axis of Rahu and Ketu then also Partial Kaal Sarp Yog is formed.
Impact of Kaalsarpa Yoga :
A person under the affliction of this yog leads a life of pain and misfortune. If it is highly afflicted this yog has the capacity to cancel out all the good Yogas of one's chart. Following are some other effects of Kaalsarp Dosha :
1. All work comes to a standstill and fruitless struggles indicated.
2. Hurdles in every important and auspicious work.
3. Lack of Mental peace
4. Deterioration of health and reduces longevity of life. The native without any reason suffers from diseases that are not cured by medicine. Suffering from skin problems like allergyproblems, itching , white /black dots on skin also indicated.
5. Low self-confidence
6. Destruction of business and loss of job, enemies are the prime reason for your loss in business and obstacles in life.
7. Poor Relations with family members and friends/colleagues.
9. Treachery from friends and business partner.
10. Very less help from relatives and friends
11. Sudden loss of money or prestige is an indication of this yoga.
Types of the Kaalsarpa Yoga :
Rahu is in the 1st House and Ketu in the 7th house and the rest of the planets are left to this axis. This is also called Vipareeta Kalsarp Yog. This yog gives extra financial gains but it is bad for marital life gives late marriage, anxiety and inferiority complex.
2. Kulik Kaalsarpa Yoga
Rahu is posited 2nd house and Ketu in 8th house. This combination is bad for health. The probability of losses and accidents is high in people with this combination. It is bad for financial prosperity leading to unstable financial reputation.
3. Vasuki Kaalsarpa Yoga
Rahu occupies 3rd house and Ketu in 9th house and the rest of the planets are located to the left of the Rahu Ketu axis. The person is burdened with problems relating to job or business, blood pressure, sudden death or losses borne because of relatives
4. Shankhpal Kaalsarpa Yoga
If Rahu is in the 4th house and Ketu is in the 10th house of your kundli, you have the Shankpal Kalsarp yoga.. The person gets trouble relating to workspace and has to go through stress and anxiety leading life with hardships. Sometimes the person afflicted has an illegitimate child or is an illegitimate child. However this yog also has the power of conferring high political success and related gains.
5. Padam Kaalsarpa Yoga
Rahu occupies the 5th house and Ketu in 11th house this Yoga is formed indicating worries on account of children, difficulty in having progeny. If the moon is also afflicted then there is the possibility of being troubled by spirits. In this case the illness recovery time is slow. One faces hindrances in education. There are also chances of being let down by friends in this case.
6. Mahapadma Kaalsarpa Yoga
Rahu is in the 6th house and Ketu is in the 12th house forms Mahapadam Kaalsarpa Yoga. The person has many enemies and has problems with attack of many general diseases. However if this yog acts beneficially it has the power to confer power and political success.
7. Takshak Kaalsarpa Yoga
When Rahu is in 7th house and Ketu is in 1st house this yoga is formed. The person has speculative tendencies and can lose wealth by wasting on liqour, women and gambling. There is marital discord in the life of the person.
8. Karkotak Kaalsarpa Yoga
In this yoga Rahu occupies the 8th house and Ketu occupies the 2nd house. The person is short tempered, has many enemies, looses ancestoral wealth, sexually transmitted diseases are more prone.. Such a person has affinity with the anti social elements.
9. Shankhachood Kaalsarpa Yoga
When Rahu is posited the 9th house and Ketu is posited in 3rd house this yoga operates. People with this yoga face many ups and downs in life. They speak lies and favour anti religious activities. They are also short tempered and have high blood pressure leading to anxiety.
10. Ghatak/Paatak Kaalsarpa Yoga
This yoga is formed when Rahu is in 10th house and ketu is in the 4th house. If this yoga operates positively it has the capacity to confer the highest forms of political powers. Otherwise litigation problems and punishment by law is possible for dissolute behaviour.
11. Vishdhar Kaalsarpa Yoga
If Rahu is in the 11th house of your kundali and Ketu is in the 5th house the yoga which arises is the Vishdhar Kalsarp Yoga. The person travels frequently and is instable. Problems also arise from children or by imprisonment or strifes between brothers. However these persons find peace in the latter half of their life.
12. Sheshnaag Kaalsarpa Yoga
When Rahu is posited in 12th house and ketu is in 6th house this yoga arises. The person has problems relating to litigation, defeat and misfortune. Enemity rises and health problems affect specially the sensory organs.
Remember, the Kalsarp yoga is not the only combination in your chart. If you have other positive combinations (yogas), there will have a positive impact and the negative effects of the Kalsarp yoga will be limited.
Persons having Kaal Sarpa Yoga should arrange for remedies so that lucky planets of the horoscope could render favorable results. Kaal Sarpa Yoga is not as horrible as it is painted to be. It can be remedied in most cases. Kaal Sarpa Yoga is an evil yoga like many other evil yogas but there may be nothing to worry about it since it does not hinder to raise the Many famous and successful people with Kaal Sarpa Yoga in their birth charts many of our National movement Leaders and also World's pouplar leaders., e.g. Jawaharlal Nehru, Sachin Tendulkar, George W. Bush, Nelson Mandela, Mrs Parker Camilla Bowel, Abraham Lincoln, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, King Edward VII, Margaret Thacher, Benito Mussolini etc. Kala Sarpa dosha is generally believed that one of the karmic dosha that may run across the generations. The best example to the best of knowledge is Jawahar Lal Nehru's family that we witnessed. A combination of remedies and ethical, simple living on the part of natives can overcome the dosha.
1. Perform Kaalsarpa Dosha Nivaran Pooja/Tripindi Puja/Narayana Nagbali at a plcae where the god SHIVA temple is SWAYAMBHU(i.e.the shivalinga was naturally found,say coming out of earth etc.). In Maharashtra it is done at Tryambakeshwar near Nasik.
2. Establish energized Kaal Sarp Yantra in their house and worship it regularly.
3. Recite "Om Namah Shivay" daily.
4. Recite Hanuman Chalisa every day.
5. Perform puja on NaagPanchmi
6. Wear a kalsarpa ring. Shaped like a snake.
7. Recite daily Rahu Kavach, Stotra
8. Recite Nav Nag stotra daily for one year.
9. Wear Nagpaash Yantra at an auspicious time after recitation of mantras.
10. Donate agate, gold, lead, til (sesame) mustard, blue clothes etc.ers, sword, blankets, horse etc from time to time.
11. Worship Shiva Linga adorned with a snake, made of Silver, on Maha Shivaratri day. Complete the recitation of the Shiva Panchakshari mantra 'Om Namah Shivaya' 1,25,000 times, before Maha Shivaratri every year.
12. Perform abhishek for Lord Shiva on Pradosha days.
13. Recite mantras of Lord Bhairon 1,25,000 times.
14. Wash away a pair of snakes made of Iron or Bronze in a river.
15. Wear Gomed and Cat’s eye gemstones.
16. Wear a kalsarpa ring. Shaped like a snake.
Om Tat Sat
Also Read Types of Kaalsarpa Yoga