Pitru Dosha~ Is the Curse of Ancestors ?
A Pitru Dosha is a Karmic Debt of the ancestors, which the person, having Pitru Dosha in his horoscope is supposed to pay. In simple words a Pitru Dosha is formed in the horoscope of a person due to bad Karmas or bad deeds done by the Ancestors of that person and this person is supposed to pay that Karmic debt by suffering the punishments decided for those debts in different spheres of his life until the debt is cleared either by punishment or by the good deeds done by the person having this Pitru Dosha in his horoscope. So a Pitru Dosha in a horoscope does not mean that the ancestors are cursing the person having Pitru Dosha in his horoscope, but it means that the Ancestors of such a person are themselves cursed.
Pitru Dosha in Birth Chart
This yoga is formed when Rahu and Ketu are with any of the Luminaries and are placed in the 6th, 8th and the 12th house. Many a times, this yoga is also formed in the 5th house and if other planets do not show any beneficial aspects, this yoga does not allow a person to progress at all. Pitra Dosh is also formed if 9th house of a horoscope which stands for Ancestors among other things is afflicted by a malefic planet and the results would be predicted in the same way as in case of afflictions to the Sun. Afflictions to the Lord of 9th house also form a Pitra Dosh. At many places, Saturn is also hold equally responsible for different forms of Pitru Dosh. When Sun and Saturn are in the same house, or having Drishti ( affecting each other ), it is also considered as Pitru Dosh. . Apart from this it is also said that if Rahu is situated in 2nd, 6th 8th and 12th house then it is considered as Pitru Dosh. In the given example chart Sun with Saturn in the Leo sign in 5th house is forming Pitru Dosha.
Pitru dosha is one of the biggest obstacle on the path to success which is almost not possible if one has pitru dosha in ones life. If the family doesn’t grow and faces many problems repeatedly, the family faces spirit like and black magic like effects repeatedly, obstructions in educational and career growth and success, there is frequent quarrels among family members without any reasonable reason, only a girl child is being conceived repeatedly or repeated miscarriages, those who are physically and mentally handicapped may have existence of Pitru Dosha.
1. Perform NARAYAN BALI PUJA. This puja is performed only at few prescribed places such as (1) Tryambakeshwar in Nasik, (2) Chandod near Dabhoi near Vadodara in Gujarat, (3) Kala Hasti in Tamil Nadu and (4) Haridwar.
2. On any Somwati Amavasya, when the Amavasya is falling on Monday, go to Pipal tree. Offer one Yagyopavit to the tree and second Yagyopavit to Lord Vishnu. Then do 108 Parikrama of tree. While doing Parikrama, chant the mantra “Om Namo Bhaagvate Vaasudevaay” and offer a sweet to the tree with each Parikrama. After finishing the Parikrama, again pray to the Pipal tree and Lord Vishnu and ask forgiveness.
3. Worshipping Lord Vishnu, specially the form of Sri Ram, is also advised for Pitru Dosh Nivaran. Person can also worship Lord Vishnu with the main mantra “OM NAMO NARAYANAAY”.
4. Conduct Shraddh.
5. Unconditional services to parents, old-age needy persons, sweeper and poor people are recommended.
6. Try to feed 10 Thousand, One Thousand, Hundred or 21 Brahmins, as one can afford.
7. Perform the marriage of a girl.
8. Donate Gold, Cow to a Brahmin.
9. Feed cows, dogs, crows and other animals and birds.
10. Feed as many children as you can. This is a good remedy if you are childless or your childern are suffering.
11. Having a bath in river at sacred places with a feeling of worship with respect to pitrus, or with the right attitude helps one clean away ones sins to a certain extent. Ganga is considered most holy or a river near to you.
12. One more remedy is to feed crows and fish with rice mixed with gee and made into balls on every Saturday.